Research Center for Medicinal Herbs and Natural Products
The research center of medicinal Herbs and natural products of Hamadan University of Medical Sciences has started its activities since October 2016. This center is working with the help of faculty members in various fields of pharmacy including Pharmacognosy, Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, Clinical, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, as well as creating a research space and Herbarium in the field of herbal medicines and natural products.
The spirit of the center’s activities focuses on the institutionalization of empathy, scholarship, effective researcher training, meritocracy, customer orientation, observance of ethics in research, preservation of dignity and basic health rights, especially for those in need and deprived in the society.
The research priorities of this center are:
1. Study of Phytochemicals of Medicinal herbs
2. Evaluation of biological, pharmacological, toxicological and clinical effects of medicinal herbs and natural compounds
3. Standardization and Formulation of Medicinal herbs and Natural Products
4. Synthesis and modeling of pharmaceutical precursors, metal nanoparticles and proteins, based on natural compounds
5. Metabolic engineering studies to increase the effectiveness of medicinal herbs
6-Bio transformation using enzymes and plant cells